We’re Hiring: UX/UI Designer
We are looking for an experienced UX/UI designer to join a very busy software & design team working on both large client projects and our own internal products.
- Projects include: eCommerce, smartphone apps, enterprise software, B2C & B2B, marketing, video, branding, R&D and charity work
- Immediate work will include an innovative consumer smartphone app for the automotive industry and a web app for the food retail sector.
- Our work is interesting and varied as we are growing and exploring new industries
- We work collaboratively but everyone has a large amount of autonomy and responsibility for their own domains
You'll need to be
- Confident and clear when communicating and collaborating with colleagues, stakeholders and clients
- Confident producing wireframes, user journeys, storyboards and clickable prototypes
- Confident producing branded templates, style guides, UI sets
- Confident taking ownership of a project and highly organised
- Focussed on the details but with a pragmatic attitude to deliverables
- Able to present, promote and defend your solutions
- Able to promote best practices and standards
- Able to demonstrate innovative thinking and beautiful results
- Able to demonstrate appropriate research conducted for previous projects
- Able to contribute to time estimates for project proposals and sprint planning sessions
Gravitywell is an award-winning Bristol digital agency, enjoying increasing success. We’re continuing to carefully expand: our team, our client list, and our expertise.
We get to pick the projects and clients that inspire us (both big brands and start-ups), and aim to consistently create high-quality bespoke products and applications that transform our clients’ visions, expectations and businesses. We challenge ourselves to be on the cutting-edge, and achieve this through a liberal amount of R&D time and our innate passion and experience.
Putting time aside as a company to work on our own projects is important too, and we close our doors at least once a year for week-long hackathons. We also have a new Labs page which documents our personal R&D projects. For us, the biggest challenges are the most exciting. We think big, we have fun, we work hard and we see it through.
Based in a converted BS1 warehouse at the top of Christmas Steps, the studio is in the very heart of Bristol and all it has to offer. The vibe is somewhere between a tech start-up and a more traditional digital agency. This is an exciting time for us and if you love what you do and do it well, then join us, grow with us, and be a part of our success.
What do you get?
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Generous annual leave and Christmas shutdown
- Occasional R&D time, learning or creating whatever you want - on your own or with others
- At least one annual week-long Hackathon - previous locations have included Cornwall and Mallorca.
- Your choice of Mac/PC hardware
- An awesome job in a cool studio with a great bunch of skilled, intelligent people!
How to apply
Send your CV and an example of some of your best work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Show us why you’re the right person for this role and why you want to work with us. Please do include links to online material where possible.